The Boston trip is over and while it was very much fun, I’m so happy to be home. I’ve been traveling a lot lately and was really getting tired of airplanes and jetways and coach. (ALTHOUGH. On my way home from Boston, somehow I was assigned an Economy Plus seat. I’m fairly certain I did not pay for this upgrade. It was wonderful and I would have enjoyed the extra legroom had I not been so worried about being discovered a fraud. BUT! I did have the entire row to myself for the whole flight. Yes, I did spend a portion of the flight in each seat. No, I do not think that was weird. Yes, the man in the row across the aisle did think it was weird. No, I do not regret my actions.)
- The discovery of a new off leash dog park near my house. Golden Gardens, I think I’m in love with you. Moo and I had a lovely time this evening, playing fetch and taking a quick walk on the beach by the Puget Sound.
- The discovery of pistachio ice cream. I’m not sure how it happened, but I’d never before tasted the deliciousness that is pistachio ice cream. I may or may not have had it for dinner last night.
- The appointment with my podiatrist tomorrow morning. While walking all over Boston, something in my foot popped on Thursday afternoon. And also, OUCH. This foot injury is keeping me from the gym AND forcing me to eat ice cream at 3pm. Very strange.
- A wonderful Sunday afternoon with friends. Jasers, Brady, Jo Jo and I went to see K’s play at Stone Soup theater. K was fantastic and the one act play festival was mostly great, although not without its low points. High points included K’s performance, a slipping bandoleer, a play performed in the nude (read: wang! and also, OMG.), and arguing superheroes. After her performance, we made our way to Tutta Bella for delicious pizza and rosemary lemonade. The sun was shining and I was jet-lagged, but happy to be with some of my favorite people.
- Happy babies: my boy baby hit some really great milestones while I was in Boston and is so happy now! We had a great day saying the word “ball” and playing with Oliver.
- Somehow I’ve become known as the Bacon Girl among my friends on Facebook. Which really is as it should be. Because if I was a superhero, I’d be Bacon Girl, fighting crime by encouraging everyone to eat more bacon. Eating bacon makes you happy and happy people don’t commit crimes. They just don’t!
- Greyson Chance, the cute kid who sang the hell out of Paparazzi. If you haven’t seen him yet, please watch him immediately. I want him to be my friend. And sing for me.